AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Stifled by Corporate America, the Young Turn to Farming"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/13/2012 12:28 (#2159641 - in reply to #2159618)
Subject: RE: "Stifled by Corporate America, the Young Turn to Farming"

Blooming where I am planted!

I'm glad you're doing what you love.  I just really hope that people who are getting into farming now do it for the love of it too and not just the money.  When I first got to know KSBoy (who I met right here on NAT), I asked tons of the really hard questions about farming.  I wanted to be absolutely sure I could withstand both the ups and downs of farming.  Sometimes you really don't know how you'll weather a situation unless it actually happens, but a well-thought-out self-examination of one's soul is warranted in the meantime.

When I was in Chicago, I had a hair stylist who I just loved.  I knew her while she was in high school, and even back then she dreamed and talked about doing hair non-stop.  She would talk at length about the brands of professional colorant and how they differed from one another, how you could cut hair to get flow and movement, and how different textures of hair behaved.  Hair was her love.  Once out of high school, she promptly went to school to get trained on how to do hair, got her license, and works at a hair salon cutting, coloring, and styling hair.  You can tell she loves it now more than ever.  And, she's really good at it.  THAT is the type of zeal you want when you choose a new life.    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)