AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rock Climbing Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/2/2012 13:13 (#2138645 - in reply to #2138352)
Subject: RE: I hate that commercial

West Tennessee
Chris - 1/2/2012 09:31
I'm tired of people risking their lives to do stuff that has no benefit to society.  If you want to show how skilled and brave you are be a cop, an EMT or a firefighter. 

If everything I do has to have some benefit to society, that would be a VERY lofty goal for me? I realize that I probably don't do enough to benefit society. As a rule though i don't set my goals for the day based on that. To me if people want to climb rocks as their enjoyment I don't see that as a problem. Yes they will sometimes need a rescuer.....people lots of times do in a lot of situations. If they didn't then the rescuers have no job right? Maybe that's a benefit to society in it's own?

I watched the segment on 60 minutes last night about the rock climber. I find it truly amazing, but it would seem that he is simply one tiny slip away from death. Most likely he will meet his death if he continues on with his climbing since sooner or later the odds will catch up. He will be very lucky if the thrill is gone and he quits (like he said he would) before he gets killed. Like I said if that thrills him them so be it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)