AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rock Climbing Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

showboat
Posted 1/1/2012 23:12 (#2137828)
Subject: Rock Climbing Question

Just saw that Citi Bank commercial for the "upteenth" time......the one where the guy takes his girlfriend rock climbing in some setting that looks like Monument Valley.....

So "they" and at the end "SHE" are climbing this chimney formation that is rather tall, but hardly any more "girthy" than the humans who are climbing......and looks to have some some strata, and "balanced rocks" type structure.

At the end, she is standing on the top of the chimney on a surface no larger than a coffee table.....

Since I know nothing about rock climbing, I am forced to ask....Would someone actually climb such a slender formation? it almost looks as tho the weight of a couple of humans suspended from ropes could pull the slender formation over......AND.......if one were to successfully climb such a structure, would one actually stand upright on that small pinnacle?

Or is this entire supposed "adventure" a bit of television special effects?

I always thought that rock climbing would be fun--if I were 40 years younger I might try it. But I'd go up the "face" of something that looked more stable than this chimney.... showboat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)