AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A question for Tara
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 12/11/2011 20:23 (#2097610 - in reply to #2097561)
Subject: RE: Tara and fresh...your thoughts

djmcountryboy - 12/11/2011 19:07 I was thinking about something the other day and I was wondering if my thought process had any validity. Do you think American farmers are headed down the path the UAW went down? The United States automobile industry looked like nothing could stop it and the "golden years" would go on forever. However, the cost of wages, benefits, higher taxes, etc. derailed the UAW and it went from the "golden calf" to the pinata other countries went after. Foreign automobiles came on line at cheaper prices and in some cases better quality and the consumer who has had many lean times over the past decade or so had to become more cost conscientious. Do you think we are seeing the infancy stages of this happening in American agriculture? Are folks snubbing the American brand once again because it is too expensive? Am I looking at this thing (agriculture) entirely the wrong way and any correlation between the two is just a pipe bomb? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

In short, yes.    The "hammer" marketing method is almost the exact same thing as unions holding out for more money when they're already being paid a lot.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)