AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the Story on White Corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BenP
Posted 11/29/2011 19:37 (#2075168 - in reply to #2074600)
Subject: Re: What's the Story on White Corn?

Central Nebraska
Thanks for all the info, guys. We rotate almost all of our corn onto soybean acres, and we irrigate here, so those factors shouldn't be a problem. Generally, we don't like to plant much more than 116 day corn; some springs really cooperate and we can get into the field early, others don't. It was pretty cold here in April yet this spring. We don't have a dryer, so that's why I was wondering about that. We have bins that we can run a fan on, but that's it. Is fungicide really a must, and how much would that cost an acre, approximately? I think if we do grow any, it'll only be 40 or 80 acres, just to see what it's all about. It's about a $1 premium right now, but that could change by next year. We will be hauling to a local elevator, but from what I understand, it's going to be kind of like ethanol plants around here - you store it until they call you to bring it in. There will be some we could bring in right out of the field, but the majority will be stored, which could screw up our storage plans for yellow corn. I'll let you guys know what I found out after the meeting tomorrow. Thanks again!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)