AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

for the sick ones out their?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 11/26/2011 21:22 (#2069715 - in reply to #2069331)
Subject: Re: for the sick ones out their?

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Two thoughts, whether you agree or not is up to you:

1. Years ago I attended a meeting where a public health nurse, in her opionion, stated a % number ( which, of course, I have long since forgotten, but it was substational) of what everyone calls the "flu" is actually food poisioning.

2. I found it interesting that three people have mentioned that they drink some Coke. 25-30 years ago, my business partner at the time started running marathons, and would get a bit of a "queasy" stomach at times. Someone told him to drink some, a little, (I don't know how much) of the Coke syrup that they use to make fountain drink Cokes. When one of the downtown pharmacies had a closing out sale, he sent his wife down to buy all the Coke syrup that she could. When she asked the pharmacist about buying it, his reply was "Who at your house has the queasy stomach?". Difference between the Coke syrup and a can of Coke, but I have been doing the can of Coke deal, when necessary, post-vomiting, every since.

Here's hoping everyone is feeling better now, no matter what they ate or drank to get better. Good evening. bruce.

Edited by Bruce NW Ia 11/27/2011 01:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)