AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food for thought on what to expect economically
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bherms
Posted 10/2/2011 14:00 (#1987921 - in reply to #1987811)
Subject: Re: Food for thought on what to expect economically

I think what he was saying, and I guess what TG56 is saying, is the "problem derivatives" were not in an "exchange", and people took and made bad bets with people that couldn't really pay the insurance (edit: insurance claims, I mean) if there was a "100 year flood". When these powerful companies (like Goldman Sachs) finally took it on the chin, they had clout in government high places that got them bailed out (while choosing to sink more reputable Lehmans, as I understand it), and put the taxpayer on the hook. I'm not sure who would watch over the exchanges (since SEC has done such a bang up job), but when harder times come, I sure hope there is a loud cry for investigations and incarcerations of all the Bernie Madoffs out there. Maybe even some recuperation from the Goldman Boyz if/when they are found to have conspired with politicians against "we the people". BBC Speechless As Trader Tells Truth: The Collapse Is Coming - And Goldman Rules The World http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grwnAZRoPJ0&feature=share

Edited by bherms 10/2/2011 17:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)