AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

early fungicide results?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 9/11/2011 22:14 (#1958109 - in reply to #1957960)
Subject: Re: early fungicide results?

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

Bugkiller - 9/11/2011 21:28 Out of curiosity how much do you think we are spending on fungicides. For what I spend I can't buy crap for fertilizer. Fungicide is a fairly cheap inpit imo.

the proper applications of fertility can substantially increase Yields For a very good return on Investment.  Bugkiller. 

the soil analysis you posted a few days ago was Void of Boron and other essential Micros. the K was 25% of what the new Hybrids require to be Healthy and to produce maximum Yield, profit. just for a start bugkiller.  Your Calcium was good, adequate. and the magnesium was not an issue. as I recall. 

in my opinion.

regardless of the cost of a fungicide Bugkiller. you are only preserving, saving  some Bu. from destruction of disease pressure in some situations, some seasons.  many visit about stalk quality. harvest ease. that very well could be. But the yield will be the same.

and then those very persons will complain that they can not deal with the residue. year in and year out.

gaining 40 Bu. of corn with the proper application of Fertility, good soil drainage  and  good  Hybrid selections to match that fertility. Can take an overall Farm average from. Lets Say from 160 annual average to 180-200 Bu. annual average. And  can generate quite a substantial increase in Gross dollars. overall income.  especially with the Market we have today.  regardless of the use of a fungicide, insecticide or not.

If one keeps the fertility program the same low input Program. saving $$$. and seeing the HIGH $ Hybrids selected yielding Less than there given potential.  maybe children will starve bugkiller. ?

quote bugkiller.

Go ahead take away insecticides let's see how far we get. I'm not poisoning children and neither are the rest of us. We feed them and yes you take away insecticides notice I dint say traited corn and guess what? Children starve without insecticide and no traited corn much of illinois raises crap for corn that's fact.
-----
I once had a JD combine then a Lexion ate it.  end quote.

then one is certainly guaranteed to NOT see any yield increase.  As have been discussed many times. these new High Performing Genetics require very good fertility Management.  NOT High Fertility. Of any one nutrient, Like HIGH  P.  or throwing HIGH Nitrogen out there.

But  a well managed Complete fertility program.  this is why so many are so very happy with Litter.  It can contain Many essential Nutrients not otherwise ever applied.

regardless of the cost of a fungicide applied.  say $12. to $25. dollars per acre.  you will still have the 160 Bu. of corn if that is what your hybrid selection and fertilizer program Delivers for you.  Minus the cost of the fungicide, insecticide.

But with the insurance program available.   maybe the game is NOT High income from grain  production Bugkiller. 

But then again. You are the one concerned about feeding the world. are you not bugkiller. But then the no crap fertilizer cost issue. ?  dang.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)