AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is goss wilt in Ind. Ohio ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 9/8/2011 09:48 (#1952284 - in reply to #1952176)
Subject: Re: is goss wilt in Ind. Ohio ?

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
I do not know about Ed. but the field that I collected a sample from is on a clients Farm.

about 28 plants total, 3 places on a end row. on a half mile long field
approx. 312 acre. this field is walked weekly and No other issues have shown any negative suspect.

We found the Plants along the road during a scouting and crop tour.

We also flew over the fields that day and as of this week, nothing shows up from the air as the Pilot has Observed in the Western States the Past 3-4 weeks that are being heavily monitored.

We will fly again next week after we get the lab results to see if we have a confirmation.

The fields reviewed in southern Ohio are approx 10 days ahead as far as maturity goes and the symptoms are wide spread on certain and specific fields.

from my observations

As I have stated many times. we heavily scout, and Monitor the fields and if any application is required, recommended by the IPM or plant health scouts. appropriate action will be taken Immediately.

We have teamed up with a group Monitoring, reporting on seed Numbers and spray, from the Central Corn belt. working to follow the effectiveness of timing and treatment applications.
these are independent or extension persons.
So after a review. some decisions on next seasons seed has been made and a Copper based fly on application has been selected if Required. ? so far. we know Nothing until the samples come back. to confirm or dismiss.

But I assure you. Nothing will be applied on a Hunch only basis.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)