AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where to find a simple house plan for a rancher style
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/5/2011 19:47 (#1947938 - in reply to #1946675)
Subject: RE: Where to find a simple house plan for a rancher style

central - east central Minnesota -

Badger - 9/4/2011 21:30

Looking to build. Want a Basic Clean blueprint for a 50s-60s style ranch style.   Don't want 15 doormers(sp), or 14 ridgelines.   Shed style roof 3/12 w 6' overhang.
 Full basement,  want the basement stairs to where they can be replaced with a elevator if & when needed.   Nothing under a 3' door.   Will have a walk in shower large enough for a wheel chair & attendant/s.  Brick extiorer & Steel roof.  Want a minimum maintaince  house.

Where to look?

Not planning on taking it to the fair & I don't care what the neighbors like. 

Of all the home plans I go through and have gone through, I can honestly say - I've never come across one specifially for those with disabilities . .. . .
I would start with some of the organization that deal with disabilities, (I came across this on google) - http://www.pva.org/site/c.ajIRK9NJLcJ2E/b.6305453/k.489A/Accessible_Home_Design.htm  (paralyzed Veterans of America) or http://www.makoa.org/accessable-design.htm
As an aside, It really wouldn't be hard to scatch out a design on some paper and have the local lumber yard draw it up for bids after looking at the sites above and other that deal with physical disabilities . . . .
On a side note, I would not have a roof pitch less then 5/12. The flatter the slope, the more risk of drainage/moisture problems. Getting rain / snow off roofs - fast, helps them hold up longer. If flatter, then there is more cost to get the proper roofing cover material on / and have it do it job properly.
Visit a couple of modern retirement centers for disabled or dementia / alzheimer's - they have some bathing apparatus that can make it better then simple rolling a wheel cheer into a open show area . . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)