AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the best bale bed for the money?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 8/30/2011 13:43 (#1937866 - in reply to #1935419)
Subject: Re: What is the best bale bed for the money?

WY, OK
The best thing about the individual arms is you can shift the bales wherever you want, if they aren't centered when you grab them just shift them until they are. You can also lay them down and move them over to one side or the other if you want to get closer to a fence for instance.

For pulling a trailer you do have to put 2 bolts in. There is also a latch that is only used for holding the bed down when lifting bales, the latch just connects on a 1/2" bolt so it would break if you tried it with the trailer and had a problem. Personally I've never used the latch, usually dump the second and/or third bale instead of trying to grab it.

The arms float just like all the other beds. You can bring both arms in at the same time if you are good enough with your fingers, speed of loading is the same in the summer with both trucks idling, of course the hydra bed can be sped up by just reving the engine. In the winter when the oil gets cold the electric over hydraulic is incredibly slow and near impossible to warm up. When we got ours a 12' cannonball was cheaper than most 8' beds of other brands that was one of the big selling points as well as the dump feature and the overall beefiness of it. We've hooked and unhooked a trailer twice by dumping the bed and it is kind of more trouble than it is worth, if you got used to it, it might be better.

The 3 bales I have on there are 5.5' tall, the two bales are 6'--IIRC the 8' hydrabed would do 3-- 4' bales but that third was hanging WAY out there. I think if I pulled the tool box off I could easily get 3--6' bales, I can lay two 6' bales on the bed as it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)