AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the best bale bed for the money?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 8/29/2011 02:25 (#1935568 - in reply to #1935419)
Subject: RE: We have 2 Hydra-Beds

NEMO
And love them. Why mess with electric when you can pull a lever and know it will work? Have a mechanic friend who cusses all the electric ones he gets to work on - looking for where they short out, bad connection, solenoids etc.... He bought a new bale bed this past winter and guess what it was? Also can load two bales with the Hydra Bed in the time it takes to load one with the Besler. We have mounted a hydraulic skid loader post hole digger and does a nice job digging holes, so rolling up wire would be no problem. Really like the extra valve at the back of the bed to raise/lower equipment and especially the raw hide corral.

Another feature of the Hydra-Bed is that you can pull the spinners off and put the arms down flush and have full use of your flat bed if you need something to stick out over the edge or load pallets from the side. I do not think this is possible with most of the other brands. May not matter to most but is useful sometimes for us.

I felt like the Hydra-Bed was built heavier than the Besler when we purchased our first one. Also the arms on a Hydra-Bed float up and down while unrolling hay, so it doesn't matter if you stab the bale dead center. The arms are also synchronized so the bale is usually centered on the bed of the truck when you pick it up unlike some of the electrics where one arm hits the bale first and then the other one comes over, so not always centered.

One last thing, I like the quickness of the Hydra Bed so I can raise and lower the bale quickly while unrolling the bale so it leaves little bunches of hay instead of one long single windrow. Six or seven cows will cirle around each bunch and eat allowing more timid cows a better chance to eat. This spreads the manure out more and less hay is crapped on and wasted.

These are just my opinions. To each their own!

Edited by cows-n-crops 8/29/2011 02:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)