AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dart guns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Roy@ranch
Posted 8/29/2011 12:02 (#1935979 - in reply to #1935392)
Subject: RE: Dart guns

North Cental Mo.
Ben, I have one that fires the blanks, I have been around the co2 ones and if you are within 20' they are ok. The .22 ones take a little getting used to, choosing the proper powered blank for what you are trying to do. They advertise mine at out to 80 yards. Now saying that, hitting something that far away with a dart is a very frikkin big long shot. I have 5,10 and 15 ml darts. Needle type is very critical also. I don't use mine a lot anymore, but if you have something wild I knock them down with a heavy dose of rompun, doctor it when they go down, then give the reversal drug (can't recall the name) Best used before you get them stirred up, and be prepared to have one die on occasion. I have never had one die, but do know folks that have. Neighbor has either a bow and arrow or crossbow one and he prefers it to his co2. The deal with the blanks is that if you use to heavy of a charge, especially at close range the dart will bounce out and shoot the medicine out as it is coming out. I use the needles with the humps on them that shoot SQ or sideways and as low of a .22 charge as I think I can get away with. It works,,,, but I won't say it works well, and reloading is a word I am not allowed to say on this kindergarten site.

Roy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)