AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Viptera corn not excepted at elevator. What to do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/28/2011 11:10 (#1934180 - in reply to #1934123)
Subject: Re: Viptera corn not excepted at elevator. What to do?

southern MN
Earl on the same sort of stuff was said about Starlink - won't be a problem, it is set to be approved for human use in early next year, etc. etc.

Same story you are saying.

The difference is Starlink turned out to become a political issue, and was not approved.

This stuff, we are in the middle of the process, so we don't know.

Are you garenteeing China WILL approve it? Pretty big of you.

What happens if China throws a fuss instead. The rest of the world going to notice, rest of the world going to pause a bit and 'wonder' about USA corn?

I do not know that will happen. But grain buyers like to throw fusses, cheapen their cost.....

You seem to be making some promises you can't possible control.

So, _just like Starlink_, farmers are being sold a bill of goods again. You are doing so.

Makes me not believe any of your side of the story.

We've been down this path with Starlink, and it cost us.

Here we go again......

Another product, sold in 2010, for harvest in 2011, that is not approved - and may never be approved, but might be approved in mid 2012 by one of our impoters.

Same basic timelines and story as Starlink was. No, not every detail is the same. Every situation is different. But the basic timeline, the same empty promises that some people 'know' it will get approval in a 1/2 year, etc.......

Couple folks on here have said the troubles they are having dealing with corn contracts, seperating their harvest, etc. It's a ;real; issue to them, right now. Not the 'oh it'll all be just fine by March' promises you make. Reality - vs - actual.

This is a little like debating iPad computers with the Mac fan over in computer talk. He says the iPad is more better because it doesn't do Flash, so it forces internet programers to abandon the bloated Flash platform & use a newer, better animation package. But, as a person who just wants to use the internet & view things, it really sucks to not be able to see Flash animations, which are all over the internet, and will be for yyears to come. Dorsn't matter to me which animation languagre is 'better' - as a customer, I want to use the internet that already is, and iPad is a poorer product because it won't support Flash. iPad is less useful this way - even tho the Mac fan just can't see that point.

Viptera is causing some folks some real headaches, as it turns out China will import some corn, and has not approved this trait for import. As much as I respect you, I do not believe you speak for all of China nor do you represent them, so your promises that they should approve it by March doesn't mean very much. China will do what is in their best intrest. If they need corn, they will approve it. If they want corn but want it cheaper, they will throw a fuss, drop corn prices 50 cents a bu, and then buy it anyhow. Along the way, USA and other worldwide customers will be more confused over the trait issues and how approval works, and will mistrust USA farmers even more.

You seem very very sure of only one outcome from this.

I see more possibilities. Again, because I remember very similar promises coming from the Starlink supporters - oh it will all be fine by harvest time......

I hope it all works out fine. It's possible it will.

It is also possible it won't.

Just like Starlink at this point back then, it might have worked out, those involved with Starlink thought it would.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)