AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flying Today-CIL-Macon County Pics-UGLY
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 8/26/2011 14:21 (#1931506 - in reply to #1931458)
Subject: We'll be looking around this Sunday

West Union, Illinois

I plan top do something similar Sunday.  The local S&WCD has an annual "flying tour" where you pay .. I think $30 for a half hour flying around looking at stuff.  I generally take my wife and 2 cameras and look at all our fields.

Anyone near Casey, Illinois, this is the Sunday.  See you at the airport.

edit: Found this:

From http://www.clrdigital.com/lincolntrail/articles/3579/conservation-air-tour-scheduled

Conservation Air Tour Scheduled

The Clark and Cumberland County Soil and Water Conservation Districts will co-sponsor their annual Conservation Air Tour.

The Clark and Cumberland County Soil and Water Conservation Districts will co-sponsor their annual Conservation Air Tour on Sunday, August 28, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., at the Casey Airport. The rain date will be September 11.

The cost is $30 per person, for approximately a 30-minute plane ride. Rides will be given on a "first come - first served" basis, as planes become available.

"Sky's the Limit," from Casey, is assisting with the planning. All proceeds will be donated to the Casey Airport Boosters Club, and pilots and planes will be provided by the club.

This event is open to the public and all ages are welcome. It will provide an excellent opportunity for farmers to check out their crops, erosion, drainage or crop problems in fields, or for folks to enjoy a plane ride.

For additional information, contact the Clark County SWCD at 382-4123, ext 3.

Edited by Mike SE IL 8/26/2011 14:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)