AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

goss Wilt, Potato Fungus Famine, fast acting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 8/26/2011 06:58 (#1930966 - in reply to #1930615)
Subject: Re: goss Wilt, Potato Fungus Famine, fast acting

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

il weedman - 8/25/2011 22:41 And I'll keep selling the needless fungicides!

who said they were needless Bill ?  

show me the quote. Bill

but can you give a sound and scientific argument to this fact Bill 

KF Farm - 8/24/2011 22:16 University of Missouri says that there are no fungicides that will affect it. and bacterial leaf blight is a "Bacteria". so fungicides should not do much for it. it usually flairs up in MO for a week or 10 days and either goes away or new grow hides it. we get it pretty much every year and don't worry about controlling it. it usually does not affect yield significantly like SDS, frog eye, etc

Correct.  And, spraying fungicides will make bacterial blight *worse,* since you're killing leaf-dwelling fungi that normally would suppress these pathogenic bacteria via the chemical warfare between these groups of organisms.

-----
-- Matt Hagny,

consulting agronomist since '94, founder Exapta Solutions ('99)

www.AgronomyPro.com
www.Exapta.com

maybe you missed this documentation of independent , objective evaluation s Bill

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=251761&mid=1922522#M1922522

(  responsible scouting and proper, when called for. needed applications can be quite effective. Bill   some seasons.  )

I am sure that the national average of corn and soybeans will be a record for 2011

as record applications of fungicide and Insecticide were applied this season.    to capture the Marketing opportunities.  right

Now are we saying there is More disease and Insect pressure than ever before, so spray, spray.  then Why I Must ask ?

Poor quality seed, Genetics, Lack of Plant health and resistance to Insect pressure. so what is the farmer paying for as far as quality seed. ?

Lack farming management Practices.  Is this ALL weather related. ? 

Soil Fertility Ignored .

OR ALL OF THE ABOVE ISSUES

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)