AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone tried Syngenta's Aphid Management System Soybeans Yet????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easternvalleyboy
Posted 8/21/2011 22:04 (#1923581 - in reply to #1922030)
Subject: RE: Anyone tried Syngenta's Aphid Management System Soybeans Yet????

Ottawa Valley, Eastern Ontario

I'll make my disclaimer statement first, so take it for whatever you feel it's worth. I work for a NK dealer although I am not involved directly in the sale of seed. We have a small plot of the AMS beans in our area this year and so far they do not have aphids that are at threshold levels. I have a small farm and I would never plant soybeans without CruiserMaxx. My highest yield is from Cruiser treated beans that were seeded at 125,000/acre in 15" rows. We seem to get aphids every second year in this area and I have never sprayed for aphids since I started using CruiserMaxx. We have custom sprayed thousands of acres this year for aphids and the vast majority of these fields are not Cruiser treated. JD Plowboy is entitled to his opinion but Apron Maxx does not control aphids. In my opinion Criuser is a no-brainer and the beans that have the aphid resistant gene will have to yield as good as or better than the existing varieties or they won't sell. So far they look good but time will tell. Hope this helps.

HB
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)