AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ear Pics NW KS/SC NE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

necaseih
Posted 8/14/2011 09:49 (#1911408 - in reply to #1911281)
Subject: RE: Ear Pics NW KS/SC NE

SC Nebraska
We have a fertilizer applicator set up with Yetter 2995 coulters- I think off the top of my head. Usually apply around 70 pounds N with that in the spring before planting, around 8 gallons of 10-34-0 while planting, and this year applied 40 lbs N and 10lbs of sulfur with the burndown 32-0-0 and 12-0-0-26 blend.

The coulter setup gets through all the trash, before it seemed like so much got tied up in the residue, especially wheat stubble. We have been continuously tweaking the fertility program every year. The sulfur definitely was a huge plus this year.

We were definitely blessed this year, don't have to go very far south and it gets real rough in a hurry. We have caught some beautiful rains, the beans look great too, meant to get some pictures of those as well but I didn't have time.

I would say the Channel is going to be the best, hands down. It was higher priced, but a bushel and a half of corn an acre will pay that difference. I think it really would have thrived with a higher population.

Also have Channel beans and they look great, I know several guys around here that have been pretty religiously Pioneer going to Channel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)