AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed Winkle-or others-Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ranchhand
Posted 8/13/2011 23:08 (#1910988)
Subject: Ed Winkle-or others-Question

West KY, Miss River County
Ed,

Back some time this summer, someone posted a picture of beans with slightly non healthy leaves. You suggested a shot of fungicide. I was thinking the normal suggested use of fungicide was at pod set, .5" pods, along with some insecticide.

My situation, I have double crop beans, most just beginning to form bloom buds. Had very little rain until last week and accumulated 3-4". Now there are weeds trying to catch the beans, actually most are < 1 inch. Am coming back with a 'lay-by' herbicide now before the canopy closes.

Noticed heavy grasshoppers, so added warrior to clean up the little buggers. Now, would you recommend adding fungicide at this time also? As normal there are some scattered puckered leaves and an occasional dark leaf margin. One farm has been diagnosed with frogeye leaf spot one year in the past, but is not apparent at this time.

I realize this is a spotty description without pictures. I guess it boils down to are you a fan of early fungicide application before bloom set. When we applied at early pod stage with Warrior/Mustang, I have realized benefits.

Anyone comments?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)