AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how many of ya have a woman preacher?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 7/19/2011 00:32 (#1869265 - in reply to #1868933)
Subject: RE: how many of ya have a woman preacher?

Rivers, MB
I think when the Bible is read as a whole, reading every verse in the context of the rest of the Bible, we see that Jesus taught that our eternal life is dependent on our faith in him and his dying on the cross for our sins, not being bound by the law and having to make sure we don't break all the rules laid out by man. When I read your explanation of where a woman teaches makes a difference, I see a faith that is bound by the law. Does it make a difference from God's perspective where the woman is? Would it be OK for a woman to preach a sermon to a mixed group (male and female) if it was in the basement of the church? When do the kids in Sunday school become too old to be taught by women? Can daily vacation bible school take place in the sanctuary if its taught by women? What happens if the church only has a sanctuary? Is God only present in the sanctuary? Can we worship God w/o being in a church?

A wise pastor has told me that when making some of the tough choices on spiritual issues, always err on the side of grace. Let God decide who was right and who was wrong.

Interesting discussion. Some day we'll all find out how misguided some of our theology was because we are earthly people trying to understand a God who transends earthly minds. Anyone who claims they have all of life and Christianity figured out has fooled themselves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)