AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All of us "farmers" are in the same boat folks.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 7/16/2011 00:02 (#1865106)
Subject: All of us "farmers" are in the same boat folks.

Southeast Colorado
I have noticed over the last week or so that a lot of posters are thinking they have it tougher than most everyone else. I think human nature is just that. Every area of the country has probably leveled out so to speak. You have a certain percentage that either inherited their wealth or worked their rear off when they were younger and now have it easy............., along with most of the folks that are working and struggling and trying to get a leg up........., and the last group that basically just can't cope and go broke. I guess my main point here is that we are all of the same mindset..........so the economy in our local area probably puts all of us at a level playing field. I farm in a desert (especially now)..........but I know where land could be purchased tomorrow for less than $700/acre. You folks that farm in what we call the "bananna belt" would think this is a bargain............but those of us that have been here aren't biting. I think you all get my main point,"THE GRASS IS NEVER GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)