AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roundup spray drift on wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/15/2011 20:06 (#1864694 - in reply to #1864593)
Subject: Re: Roundup spray drift on wheat

King City, Mo

I would tell him to send out his ins adjuster by midweek next week.

If you combine it you will destroy all the evidence. Document, document, document. Take pictures also. When he sprayed the field, when you contacted him.

If he refuses to send out ins adjuster, call the sheriff (or hwy patrol if you live in different counties) and file a police report for property damage and then get a lawyer. If you think he'll be good for it, just think how much money is involved as high priced as crops are now and i doubt with 80 acres he's paying that out of pocket.

I found this about property damage in Minn.
http://www.criminalpropertydamage.com/minnesota/

I would be firm when you talk to the sprayer people, don't need to be mean, just firm and that you mean business. A person would change their tune from just a phone call or a stop in by law enforcement saying take care of this or you will face criminal charges along with paying for the crop.

I had 2 acres of beans sprayed with corn chemical last year. I blew a gasket. I caught them in the act and was the one that stopped the sprayer. I waited a month and replanted with sts seed they provided me. They paid the yield difference plus i got the beans that the 2 acres yielded. I was pissed. It was right where i could see it when i came out of the house everyday. They even told me i could put up a sign saying it was there screw up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)