AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can someone bill you 14 months later?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gregsagandauto
Posted 7/15/2011 18:42 (#1864595 - in reply to #1863959)
Subject: RE: Can someone bill you 14 months later?

Goff, Kansas (Nemaha County) USA
I guess my first impression to this would be you're a big kid, shouldn't you be just as responsible to make sure they are paid as they are to make sure you pay them? Kinda looks like to me something like that you look at every day would be a reminder when I walk on it, "Oh yeah I need to pay so-and-so for this carpet yet..." How would you react if the shoe were on the other foot? If you still hadn't been paid for your cattle, or crops, or time, or whatever your situation is, would the people on the other end still be required to pay you? You got a gift I would say or not having to pay for it right away, sure it may be inconvenient now to get the bill, but is it really a "surprise" that someday they would want their money?
Don't know all the ins and outs of your or the furniture co's situations or policies and what not but, in my situation here typically I don't give out credit, I run a shop not a bank. If I wanted to run the financing side of business I would wear a suit and tie and do so and not my greasy shirts and jeans! However as for the most part I am what probably a lot of the repair guys on here would call a small time operator and that's fine I do what I can and if it's more than I want to do or if I am too busy I will pass it on, I don't have a problem knowing my limits and knowledge and with things changing the way that they are so fast anymore I will flat out tell the customer I don't know and recommend another shop that will probably do them better. Anyway occasionally I will float the bill for a while if I can for customers I know and trust, have I been burned before, yeah and it'll probably happen again too. But also the way I look at it there are quite a few times when the guy I may help out now will in turn help me out later too. If I don't need the money right now to keep up on my bills yeah it might be overlooked quite a while! I guess I would say the way I run my place is more like the old time general stores you heard about or saw on TV, didn't have any Dunn and Bradstreet ratings or do the three credit bureau credit reports, just pay me what you can when you can and if it takes a while add a little if you can to help me out for floating you or hell add some beer to the fridge that I share with you anyway, share some veggies from your garden, or pick up the tab when you see me at the cafe sometime, that kinda deal.
As for the comment about the furniture store having poor accounting, sure that may be true in your big time high society banks and corporations, hell you'd probably say the same about my place and be right too, but out here we are just one guy trying to help out our FRIENDS and NEIGHBORS while they help us out too, the way it USED to be/the way it SHOULD be.

I'll get off my soapbox now...

Edited by gregsagandauto 7/15/2011 18:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)