AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some Bean planting advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 7/7/2011 14:25 (#1852666 - in reply to #1852602)
Subject: Re: Need some Bean planting advice

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
Get any rain today?, big goose-egg here (weather.com said it was raining here and said we got a tenth but ive been outside all day and zero drops ever hit my head or windshield). nobody know the answer to your question, and if someone tells you to plant them, they are probably in front of the computer because it rained on them this morning.

We have planted beans in these conditons and usually have around 20 plants per acre. We actually grazed 40 acres last year which were planted into these exact conditons.

The best thing is to try to get them in the ground right before a good rain, but that is usually a callange because the ground is usually so hard then. Plus most good rains this time of year are unexpected and most "sure things" leave all the moisture in barton and vernon county.

I will admit that treated beans payed for themselves last year when planted into dry conditons. We probably had double the stands where treated beans were planted.

Last year our beans planted July 16 into moisture out yielded beans planted the 2nd of july with no/limited moisture.

Btw if your like me, you have given up on complaining about the rain and now have more of a hopeless feeling in your gut.

Edited by mcupps 7/7/2011 14:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)