AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Tour - Macon, Hannibal MO, Springfield, Decatur, Champaign Ill, Indianapolis to Cincinatti OH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tim..swIL
Posted 7/5/2011 09:23 (#1849436 - in reply to #1849212)
Subject: RE: Crop Tour - Macon, Hannibal MO, Springfield, Decatur, Champaign Ill, Indianapolis to Cincinatti

Freeburg, IL
I went from STL to Champaign this weekend. On my way back to southwest IL I noticed a few things on I57, which I hadn't driven on in several weeks.
1) There were WAY more soybean fields than I remember seeing in recent years
2) The wet holes don't seem as noticable as years past. Though some meandering back to I57 through the country shows they are definately there.
3) In EVERY soybean field I could see along I57 from Tuscola to just north of Effingham (it was getting dark by Effingham), I could clearly see every tillage pass from this spring.
4) Very little corn was tasseling, but it looked very nice!

#3 was quite interesting to me. Many of those fields are farmed East to West and you could easily see the tillage passes going NW-SE or NE-SW. The corn was tall enough I couldn't see the same pattern in the corn.

5) I've driven across I72 from Springfield to Champaign at dusk on the 4th of July 4 and it was spectacular. Last night I learned just how much foilage is along I70 from Effingham to the metro area.....TONS!! We didn't see hardly anything.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)