AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air museums
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billw
Posted 7/3/2011 15:20 (#1846895 - in reply to #1846524)
Subject: RE: Air museums

E. Kansas
As others have posted, Wright Patt is simply an awesome place to visit. Mid 1990's since I was last there, and it's expanded immensely since. Getting to see an F-117, SR-71, U-2, XB-70, B-36, B-47, etc, plus a German barrel engine, a towable rotating wing reconnaissance aircraft carried in and deployed from a sub, a balloon bomb, The B-29 Bockscar (one of my very favorite displays for the role it had in our nation's history), just to name a few, is nothing short of incredible. There are 100's of other aircraft and exhibits just as interesting to see. I don't spend a lot of time reading all the plaques. I just take a pic of them to read later and spend most of my time looking at the aircraft in person.

If you're traveling in the southwest, you might checkout Pima Air and Space Museum at Tucson, Arizona. It's different than Wright Patt, but still is a great stop for anyone into aircraft. You might also like visiting the Titan Missile Museum with the missile silo tour and seeing the Titan II missile, located near Green Valley, Az, about 30 miles south of Tucson.

Where ever you will be visiting, have fun for the rest of us too!

Edited by billw 7/3/2011 15:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)