AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Insurance Explanation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

agent007
Posted 6/24/2007 13:03 (#166204 - in reply to #166015)
Subject: RE: Agents make or break it for you

Newguy, not trying to start a war, but there is quite a lot to selling crop insurance. Perhaps, the ones who think there isn't a lot to it, are the agents that are not very good. Crop Insurance is constantly changing, since it's gov. controlled, so as an agent you have to keep up on this, and be able to help insureds use these changes to their advantage. Also, a lot of people that have problems with crop insurance is probably because their agent has not let them know about all the different products, and how each can help or hurt their operation. Lots of times, I ask someone why they chose a particular product or coverage level, and their response is "it's what my agent said to go with". This is where a good agent sets himself apart. I don't want one of my insureds to respond in that manner. I want them to say that I explained to them each product and the pros and cons of each level, etc. and let them make their decision. To many times, a producer has the wrong coverage level or product because they haven't been shown all the options. What works for one producer might significantly hurt another guy. I don't have time, nor does anyone probably want me to start giving examples of certain situations, I just wanted to state that their is a lot to selling crop insurance. It's not just sign a paper and you have crop insurance, and all the work is done. One more thing, sometimes a crop insurance agent sell other lines of insurance. When this is the case, crop insurance typically gets put on the back burner and that is where lots of mistakes tend to happen. This is why the better agents, IMO, typically only deal with crop insurance, and crop related fields.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)