AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealership Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDFarmall
Posted 6/3/2011 00:53 (#1803831 - in reply to #1802543)
Subject: Re: Dealership Problems

Northeast Nebraska

Fawazhay - 6/2/2011 23:48 I talked with the owner today and he is willing to only take off $1,600. He says the problem with the lube pump was misdiagnosed when he called tech support at Agco and nobody ever told them to flow test it, only pressure check it. I reiterated that me, as the customer, should not be responsible for the lack of knowledge, but he doesn't think they should be either since Agco didn't inform them correctly. I told him the reason I paid dealer labor was because I didn't know all the aspects of the tractor and didn't want this type of disaster to happen. So, I guess we are at a stand-still. This dealer, as with all colors, is over 100 miles away and the closest. I am not sure I want to alienate them as I might need them in the future, yet I am not sure I ever need one of these issues again, either. Not sure what I should do now...

Hmm seems to me like you need to step up your game... As in step on his neck until he starts to squirm a bit ...We were on the same page in trying to resolve this earlier but now you really do need to get tougher... don't back down.  This is a BS explanation and to say he didn't know so he isn't responsible is TOTAL BS...If he were a joe blow small time shop with only Joe Blow working there.. well maybe... but this is a full feldged dealer and I'm sure has "Master Mechanic's" working there, right?  (Or whatever they may be called?)  This dealer needs to step up more.. a LOT more... It may be wise to contact a lawyer.. see what rights you have... You need to be a bit more demanding... I thought this guy might play ball if you went in in a reasonable manner...I've changed my thoughts. 
 I would NOT worry about upsetting him too much.. if you need a dealership in the future, this one isn't it... 
Keep us in the loop... 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)