AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Numbers to ponder before giving up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

snowden
Posted 5/24/2011 14:05 (#1789544 - in reply to #1789509)
Subject: Re: Numbers to ponder before giving up

michigan
it is real easy for guys who normally average 200 to 210 bushel per acre and have 75 to 100 percent of there corn planted to tell others who normal average is 120 to 150 and have basically nothing in the ground what they should do. in our area planting this late could give you 50 to 100 bushel corn unless mother nature gives us a perfect growing season and no frost until november which what is the chances of the perfect growing season not starting off to good already. if we were looking at being done planting by june 5th it might be a different story but alot of ground wont even be near ready by that date and you cant plant everything in one or two days. the only guys i see on hear talking about how stupid it would be to go preventive planting are mostly the one that have very little corn left to plant and the ones that are all done with there corn. we are in the same boat as alot of the guys we have barely started doing anything. i am not trying to be a jerk but it is very frustrating to sit back and not beable to get a crop in the ground when this is your life and how you live and support your family. i feel for all of you guys that are in this situation and hope things do turn around so we can atleast get something in the ground. best of luck to all
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)