AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting into the swing of things on rotations and spring calves (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 5/15/2011 15:02 (#1776199 - in reply to #1776171)
Subject: Re: Getting into the swing of things on rotations and spring calves (pics)

Hmmm... here I didn't know there was any other way to make HDPE connections besides hot welding. ;-) I was under the impression that there were no clamps of any kind available that would work with HDPE.

I used the 1 1/2" HDPE pipe exclusively directly to the concrete in the bottom of the tank. I did use 1" poly in and coming out of the well pit. HDPE is too tough to bend in tight places.

To go from the HDPE to the poly or brass connections I used HDPE transitions with stainless 1 1/2" pipe threads with appropriate brass reducers/couplers. I also used 1 1/2" brass curb stop/drains at the tanks. The 1 1/2" HDPE goes directly to the bottom of the tank where the transition is installed in the concrete with only the stainless pipe and threads sticking through. I then used a brass reducer to 1" and installed Watson floats.

Here is a representative sample of the HDPE fittings I used. As far as I know, hot welding is the only way to use this type. The pipe and couplings will not even fit together when cold. http://cammackranchsupply.com/store/home.php?cat=30

Edited by John SD 5/15/2011 15:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)