AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFX-750 on sprayer target rate does not equal actual rate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nwksmilo
Posted 5/2/2011 07:32 (#1757265)
Subject: CFX-750 on sprayer target rate does not equal actual rate

Colby, KS
I have a CFX-750 with RTK set up doing flow and swath control in my sprayer and have a question. It seems less accurate for flow than my old Raven controller.

My flowmeter is a Raven. I did the flowmeter calibration when I installed the system. Ended up adjusting the calibration number to 689 from the tag @ 720 to get the calibration right.

Now I'm in the field with it. At the end of a load, I see that the total gallons applied is right on the money. However, the target rate per acre and actual amount applied are different by about 3-4%. I have the rate set at 10.5 gallons per acre and at the end of a load, the actual applied volume divided by the acres covered is consistently coming out to 10.9 gpa.

So, since the total amount applied is correct, it seems that it is calculating the area covered incorrectly. I have verified that the width of the boom (implement) is set correctly at 60'. I have it set for 6" of overlap which would be less than 1%.

What is causing this? And is there a setting I can change to tighten up the error?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)