AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 4/9/2011 01:20 (#1715455 - in reply to #1715421)
Subject: Re: Corn Ethanol

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
paul the original - 4/9/2011 23:29

While we arean't living in a perfect world and some things could be improved, it would seem you don't really have a grasp of how the subsidy & tarriff work together.

Currently we are exporting a bit of ethanol to Brazil, so again, you maybe should look into how things are working right now.

From your handle seems you might be in the big oil camp, I donno. They get their share of the govt pie too, I'm all for the gov getting out of subsidising _all_ energy and get back to just governing us. I believe the govt throws %7000 at every hybred car sold, and they are supplying the cash for about 1/3 of every windmill.... And on and on.

I'm for less, smaller govt, and if you want to cut back all of those subsidies equally, then I'm happy to agree with you that we can do things better.

If your comments are only just an attack on farmers, kinda heard that all before, don't need to again.

--->Paul

just a slight correction. While the new plug in hybrids like the Chevy Volt and pure electrics like the Nissan Leaf, get a $7000 rebate from US gov, the hybrids that have been on the market for a while or exceed XX number sold, get no gov support. When I went car shopping in July 09, there was no longer any gov money for Toyota Prius hybrid buyers . The Honda dealer said the same for his Honda hybrid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)