AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone was........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 4/4/2011 18:16 (#1708305)
Subject: Someone was........

scratching the spring itch this weekend............saw a couple of fields planted, likely corn, in SE IA and NE MO..............not sure that was a great idea considering soil temp is awful cold still, low 40's cold...........and we are going down to 29 tonight.............and it rained too, so its nice and wet............I guess the urge was too great for some this weekend..........no warmth at any depth yet, so moisture and night time temps are going to play hell for a couple more weeks.........

I guess they wanted to get some practice rounds in before its go time...........

Looks like HRW country is hurting really really bad.............a lot of good dryland corn yields from out west last couple of years.................OOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS, that might be a problem this year............and if wheat has a bad year then we are already setting up for 2012 to be a keg too..............

Soya market is getting tossed around as of late, skim a couple M acres off what USDA is advertising and that will change.............China can buy from SA all they want, last time I checked they are still having a heck of a time getting commodities to port and then out of port............I would be willing to guess SA is going to keep an eye on their domestic stock numbers a little more than normal............as for our exports, we are really close to 1.5B on sales already with a lot of months left to go...............I guess the trade is assuming SA will take care of the soya production this year and NA will try to plant wall to wall corn...............

So what has to happen for this to be deemed DIFFERENT than 2008...............

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)