AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar/AutoTrac & connecting to Raven Viper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bincitybandit
Posted 3/18/2011 19:00 (#1677225)
Subject: Greenstar/AutoTrac & connecting to Raven Viper

North Dakota
We recently got a 9520 that is "autotrac ready". I'm not familiar with autotrac or greenstar components, nor am I that familiar with raven stuff.

Here is what I want do: Use a Raven SCS 440 console to apply anhydrous. I want to hook the Raven Viper Pro to the SCS to do VRA. I want the Viper Pro to get its GPS signal from the Greenstar GPS/Autotrac system.

Here are the components that I currently have:

9520 Tractor that is Autotrac Ready
Original GS display w/mobile processor
Raven Viper Pro
Raven SCS 440

Here are the components that I think I need:

Starfire ITC receiver
Keycard that has at minimum SF1 Autotrac unlocked
JD P/N PF90350.......appears to be a wiring harness that will hook between Starfire and display and tee off to the Viper?

What else do I need.

Next question: This 9520 has 3 cables coming out of the corner post. Two look like the ones in my combine...........one has a black plug that I assume goes into the display, the other has a gray plug that I assume goes into the mobile processor. The third one also has a black plug, but is different than the other two and smaller........what's that one for?

Last question: I'm not familiar with AutoTrac at all. Do you just plug those two wires in to the display and processor and then it will steer? After you have the keycard and receiver that is?

TIA

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)