AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFX-750 Field IQ to Raven 4x00 to conventional
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/18/2011 18:10 (#1677166 - in reply to #1677079)
Subject: RE: CFX-750 Field IQ to Raven 4x00 to conventional

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I see nothing wrong with your reasoning, but I question if the relays are necessary. Field IQ is designed to run the boom valves directly. There should be no problem if you are using ball type valves on the sections because the only load on the Field IQ system would be from the relays inside the ball valves. The actual load of running the valves is handled by the Power and Ground to the valves.

There are other situations where the use of the relays may be warranted. If they are solenoid type valves where the output from the Field IQ needs to actually do the "work" of opening the valve then having 9 sections might be too great a load. Some ball valves use a polarity reversing scheme, these would need to use a polarity reversing switch in the manual switchbox. This would make the wiring more complex but still possible.

Replacing the manual switches with automative relays should be fine even if they are not really necessary. This may make more sense to you rather than doing some other rewiring.

Concerning the 4XXX cable. This would be a good possibility as the regular Raven 4XX cable would not have enough Boom sections.

At the moment I'm making a special custom cable where I'm using a 37 Pin at the hitch disconnect point following Raven's wiring scheme. This cable is for a planter situation that will be using 8 sections and Ag Leader's Surestop clutches with an EZ-Boom as the section controller.

There are probably other cables that could work for you. You would need the pinout from the Raven adapter cable to tie into the Manual switchbox.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)