AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apache Sprayers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

In plain view
Posted 2/23/2011 09:44 (#1630805 - in reply to #1630692)
Subject: RE: Apache Sprayers?

I've ran an Apache AS500 for five years with no major problems. I think if you do get one, you will be surprised at what it will go through-mud wise that is. Prior to buying the Apache, everyone had told me that I needed to get a four wheel drive to go through any mud. I checked into the cost of repairing the drive motors on the four wheel drives and decided that I didn't need that headache-just figured if it was that muddy I probably shouldn't be out there anyway. Well, I'll just say that I have cut some deep ruts with this sprayer and have not been stuck yet. I'll most likely keep pushing the envelope until I do get stuck. One of the things that I like about this sprayer is that it is very fuel effecient. When I first started to run it, I thought that the fuel gauge wasn't working properly. The one thing that has concerned me was the way the transmission shifts between gears, especially when on the road. It is a push button shift and I have found that if you decelerate a little just proir to shifting, it takes a lot of the jerk out. I would suggest that you test drive one to see how you like it--the newer models may have addressed the shifting issue. The one thing that I can warn you about is don't try to get into the cab really quick. The left side boom is right next to the cab door (when folded) and you have to duck it to get into the cab. I can atest to the fact that that boom is a lot harder that your head--actually found this out twice (slow learner I quess!!). There is a dealer within 100 miles and the few parts (valves,screens, nozzle bodies,etc) that I have needed have always been in stock. Good luck!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)