AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rightrac up and running- User comments only
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johmur
Posted 5/6/2007 10:59 (#146927 - in reply to #146824)
Subject: Re: Rightrac up and running- User comments only

Has anyone done much with the data logging part of the ATC system. I've found it quite convenient to print the .bmp image of each job. For large fields the swaths lose their resolution and I can't see an easy way to zoom in.
In addition I displayed the .shp file in a free Shape viewer I downloaded from a site on the internet. It looks like there is an "x" plotted for every second of data in the field.
How does a person use the raw data in the .dbf file? The format details aren't obvious to me; and in particular I can't recognize the latitude and longitude data. It might be nice to have this type of position data displayed in meters in the UTM format and then it is obvious how each position changes without having to do the calculations for the degrees and minutes of the common latitude and longitude format.
I notice that the elevation data in the .dbf file (eg. 1869.30) has provision for hundreds of a foot. The data seems to be stored to tenths of a foot resolution; and the last digit isn't currently used.. When a person takes into account other sources of error such as running over trash or the occassional rock; and varying soils that tractor wheel could easily sink into an extra inch; the extra resolution is probably meaningless anyway.

Edited by johmur 5/6/2007 11:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)