AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Innaccurate guidance with Raven Viper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

F_armer
Posted 5/12/2006 01:35 (#11585 - in reply to #11509)
Subject: RE: Innaccurate guidance with Raven Viper

WC Saskatchewan
I have a RGL500, and 115 reciever and I just upgraded from 4.34 to 4.44 but it did a really wierd thing today. I started spraying a field, I set my A-B Line on first pass then sprayed 3 more passes. So I was on pass 4 and something came up, so I shut down, powered off the receiver and lightbar, I came back about 1 hour later, started everything up, but as it was finding it's satellites, it said I was on pass -14, after it had found all satellites, and there was no alarm lights on, it started counting down the feet slowly from one side of the lightbar to the next from -14 pass to -13, -12 ..... back to 1,2,3.... but the closer it got to pass 4 it was so slow counting back (about 1 ft every 3-4 seconds) I finally gave up and headed up my last pass to do a CAL swath. Altogether I must have sat waiting for it for 15-20 min. But even after recalibrating the swath it seemed like it took awhile to get repositioned. I think what I should have done was clear my AB and run up my old line and redo the AB.
I had never seen it do anything like this before. Usually if I shut it off and come back, once it finds sattelites it comes up close to the position where I turned it off, not exactly of course due to drift, but a lot closer than what it did today.
Has anyone had similar experiences?
Don
Saskatchewan, Canada
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)