AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Setup multiproduct
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2007 08:25 (#142666 - in reply to #142316)
Subject: RE: Insight Setup multiproduct

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have been confused in these more complex multi-product setups also.

Concerning the implement switch, I don't think the answer at the present is to have multiple switches. This would require multiple app rate modules at the same time which is not currently supported.

I have run into the same invalid configuration messages and am not completely certain of the combinations that work and those that don't.

I too have renamed the same implement with a different name so that the tabs are more descriptive. This works well in certain scenarios but not others.

I can't think of a good solution in your case, apparently one implement switch is triggering all three products which is correct most of the time. I don't follow how the product is being delivered - apparently this is separate from the Insight system.

In the case of some planters, I have been successful in using the App Rate module to correctly log starter fertilizer delivered by a ground driven pump and a flowmeter. At the same time we are using a liquid direct command system to deliver and control spray behind the planter. I used a single implement switch running a relay. The branch off of the relay connects to the Imp Switch loop on the D.C. liquid module and another branch goes to the App Rate module. Thus when the planter goes Up/Down logging starts/stops on both products. If the spray was not desired (it has the AL switchbox) then the master for the spray is just shut off. The spray then does not turn ON/OFF with the implement switch and the logging is correct.

This is a different situation than yours but points out some combinations that can be done. It would seem that support for multiple app rate modules might be the answer but I'm sure this brings up other problems that I have not thought through. It is possible to work with multiple (two anyway) liquid control modules. In the setup you are asked to confirm by serial number which module is working with each of the subconfigurations. Possibly something along that line could be added to the firmware to work with your situation.

Possibly there is some way of getting tricky with your fertilizer names to indicate what you are doing. For example, maybe create a new product called "F ON /B OFF" and another product called "F OFF/B ON" where these two names would indicate when only one of the tanks is being used. These Fake Products might then show up with a different color so that you good easily spot those areas on the map where the tests were done. You would need to chose a new product and add to the existing map whenever a change was made.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)