AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Setup multiproduct
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mvisto
Posted 4/26/2007 09:17 (#142703 - in reply to #142440)
Subject: RE: Insight Setup multiproduct

Southeast ND
The Flexcontrol task controller I am already using currently maps everything correctly but I wanted to be able to streamline several of my side by side tests in the fall so that I know in the field what variety/fertilizer/soil/etc. is working better. Currently I am using software and multiple layers to analyze this information in the office. But seed companies have moved their best discounts to the middle of October and my current work flow with multiple layers can be quite time consuming in the office when there is work to be done outside in the fields. We have already been using the Insight for the yield monitor and for Direct Command autoswath spraying operations. But Agleader will not support automatic variety loads at harvest unless the variety maps were done with an Insight. I have already had split-planter variety maps from the FlexControl for years but Agleader will not support the import of a map showing where the varieties are located into the Insight. I thought that since I was now going to map the varieties with the Insight, I would try to also map the fertilizer changes at the same time. But that doesn't look like it is going to happen easily.

The best fix for the implement switch for each implement setup in the Insight would be for AgLeader to program in that I can choose the implement switch connected to a specific module. Under a liquid module setup I would then be able to chose the implement switch connected to the App Rate module. Or under my scenario, I would be able to tell every implement to use the one implement switch on the AppRate module. This would fix Tedbears comment also in that he would not have to have the relay to send the signal to each module.

I also use Tracmate from Farmworks to automate entries into Trac and Funds to automate the field work and inventories. Tracmate for site specific work is quite good. But again you can't get a variety map from Tracmate/sitemate into the Insight for automatic variety load logging at harvest.

Edited by mvisto 4/26/2007 09:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)