AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader yield monitor and JD autosteer...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/22/2011 14:23 (#1565350 - in reply to #1565171)
Subject: Re: Agleader yield monitor and JD autosteer...?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Fleck21 - 1/22/2011 11:42

you will need a gps reciever also. the 250 won't work with the autopilot. you can feed nmea to the insight but you can't export tsip to the navII. so you will need a 252/262 or 432, 442, or 542.

A 332 will work also. I am currently using a 332 with Omni XP to feed the Trimble Nav II Autopilot system in my planting tractor.

I am using an Insight with Autopilot unlocked as the display device.

During planting the Insight is used in a variety of ways. Besides steering, the Insight is handling Tru-count row clutches and is monitoring my starter fertilizer which is delivered by a ground driven pump. This combination works together very well.

As has been stated the autopilot unlock is no longer available for the Insight. Neither the Integra or Edge support the Trimble Autopilot but can work with the Paradyme and Ontrack 2 systems for steering.

In another tractor I was using an EZ-Guide 500 with a Trimble Autopilot. I have since traded the EZ-Guide 500 for a CFX-750 which will run the Trimble Autpilot as well. I can get NEMA GPS from the Nav II to feed to an Insight which is sometimes used in that tractor. In this setup, the Insight is not involved with the steering but still handles other tasks such as applying NH3 or Manure.

So for the original poster, a possible solution would be to trade the EZ-Guide 250 for a 500 or 750 either of which would work with an Autopilot to steer the combine and use the Deere valves. The Insight could still be used for Yield monitoring and get its GPS signal from the Nav II. This would involve a bit more cab clutter but might be tolerable.

Edited by tedbear 1/23/2011 08:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)