AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide 500 to Hardi 5500 controller for swath control?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 1/24/2011 09:28 (#1569104 - in reply to #1565450)
Subject: RE: EZ Guide 500 to Hardi 5500 controller for swath control?

Kentucky

Fefernuse - 1/22/2011 14:42

As I understand it (so take it for what it's worth) the jobcom is a sperate box mounted on the sprayer that plugs into the existing wireing harness at that point and no extra wires come into the cab. Sprayers that have the steerable axels have one , I'm not sure what other features require one. I just know I don't have one.
I'm in the middle of researching this for my sprayer also, so I haven't actually done it yet. Hope I'm not giving you inacurrate information but this is my understanding of how it works.

Dale,
   I think I've got this thing figured out after the conversation with Hardi Tech.  For those with the Commander series sprayers (4400, 6600, etc.), the job com is on the sprayer behind the panel on the platform.  Sprayers that have the steering axles all have job coms whether the option for steering was installed or not, just as you said.  The only thing that is needed to get swath control is Hardi part number 59043 (cable) to connect the HC 5500 controller to an EZ Guide 500 through the com ports.  Of course the variable rate/swath control feature must be unlocked on the EZ 500.  I would assume that the new Trimble 750 would be compatible, but might require a different cable.
  For those with Navigator series sprayers it is a little more costly, but can be done.  Nav sprayers don't have job coms so that must be added.  The cost is ~$1500.  The cable and unlock are the same for HC 5500 monitors.

Hardi Tech was very helpful and the rep asked me to post the toll free number on this thread for those with questions.  The number is 866-770-7063.  Thanks for all the help and the link to find the tech bulletin.

I also hope this helps SandFarmer

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)