AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walkie-Talkies.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/22/2011 09:19 (#1564754 - in reply to #1564605)
Subject: Re: Motorola Vertex

West Union, Illinois

Mike Shimek - ... I have heard that Motorola has bought Vertex
Now that you mention it I do recall something about that.  Let's see, Google search ... Here we go, excerpts from a Motorola news release

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) announced today that its subsidiary, MI, Inc., has successfully completed its tender offer to acquire a controlling interest in Vertex Standard Co., Ltd.(JASDAQ: 6821), a global provider of 2-way radio communication solutions. The tender offer period expired on January 15, 2008, with approximately 5.4 million shares tendered and accepted

Motorola will have a total ownership stake of approximately 78% of Vertex Standard on a fully diluted basis (excluding certain stock acquisition rights that are scheduled to be cancelled), while Tokogiken Co., Ltd., a privately held Japanese company controlled by Vertex Standard’s president and CEO Jun Hasegawa, will retain a 20% stake. Through a subsequent restructuring process Motorola will own 80% of Vertex Standard.

Following the restructuring, which will be implemented after the settlement of the tender offer, Vertex Standard will be de-listed from the JASDAQ. The joint venture company will continue to be called "Vertex Standard Co., Ltd." and will become a subsidiary of Motorola, with headquarters in Tokyo.

So it looks like Motorola does own Vertex but they seem to be pretty much separate.  I'm guessing, from what I find online looking for radios, they are using Vertex to go after a market segment that would not likely buy Big M.  Plus there seems to be quite a bit of Vertex Marine stuff and Yeasu is one of the big amateur brands.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)