AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Camera?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 1/21/2011 20:36 (#1563933 - in reply to #1563441)
Subject: Re:Standard effect

Elmira, Ontario

PaKettle - 1/21/2011 15:32 This doesn't really have a zoom lens, just a pixel adjustment or something like a "poor man's" zoom. The lens is really fixed. Most digital pictures and video I see are warped. If you take an indoors photo, the walls in the room will be leaning inward or outwards. Here's one sent to me a few months ago. I don't think that room is that much out of square:

As said before, it's the wide angle lens. These digital cameras start much wider than the old cameras most people had. If you back up and go with a more normal zoom, then the lines become parallel. It's the same effect that makes parallel lines (railroad tracks) that go off in the distance seem to join together. Your brain can adjust for this effect automatically so you don't see it, but in a picture, your brain doesn't adjust, so it looks odd.

Or, you can get the camera halfway up the building so that the distance from the lens to the top and to the bottom is the exactly the same length. Or, you can buy special correcting wide angle lenses for dslr cameras. I don't have that kind of money though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)