AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 1/19/2011 22:43 (#1559842 - in reply to #1558193)
Subject: RE: Same thing could happen "here"

Central South Dakota
balefire - 1/19/2011 07:49

Good for you standing up to that gov't guy's stupidity. Unfortunately, as a volunteer firefighter, I don't have that luxury. The province of Ontario just handed down new rules courtesy of your local PETA/WWF/Insert bleeding heart animal organization here. If we respond to an animal hauler truck accident and for example it is a 95deg. blazing hot sunny day, and 49 of 50 animals are alive and uninjured in the trailer, but that 1 injured animal happens to be in the way of getting the rest out, WE ARE NOT TO MOVE THAT ANIMAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. We can be criminally charged if we touch that animal before a vet either fixes it up enough to move or puts it down, even though the other 49 could die in the meantime.

That's the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. That's the problem with so many people removed from from agriculture. They think 45hd of fat cattle dumped over in a pot every which way is like pulling 5 puppies out of a box. Let alone the danger the people that are trying to get them out face. Open a door wrong, get in a wrong space crawling in, have something blow through the roof at you. But, now lets send everyone to jail because they were trying to do the right thing. Just stupid stupid stupid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)