AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice in dealing with dealer and corporate (Unhappy with Equipment, buyback)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

customfarming
Posted 1/17/2011 23:45 (#1555797 - in reply to #1555448)
Subject: Re: Need advice in dealing with dealer and corporate (Unhappy with Equipment, buyback)

Good Ol' East Texas
We had a similar situation on a triple mower. We had all kind of problems from not cutting evenly, especially in wet conditions, and the frames holding the cutter bar cracked and broke and this was only after a year of use. We have two different brands and the other brand would cut evenly and was on its third year with out any damage. We complained and complained and the company, not our dealer, bought back the mower from us but our dealer helped push them. We didnt make any money off of selling it back, we actually lost a little but did get us out of that mower. We were losing clients because of the way it cut. Our neighbors that ran that brand started complaining about the way that brand didnt cut evenly as well when we started complaining and they saw the difference in the fields of the two different brands side by side.

I think the dealer should work with you on trading the mower back in or getting the company to take it back at a reasonable price. They still have not fixed the mower so that it will cut evenly and looks like you had been complaining about that the whole time like we did. And like you we tried everything and the company sent us add-ons that did not help. That being said I think you might have a case on that part. Now the welding the additional brackets on it after you said no, I would be pissed and would let the dealer know that I am. The dealer should not take off anything on the trade in because of that.

Seems like anything that breaks on our equipment is unusual and the dealers have never seen that before but they always seem to have a solution to how to fix it right away or know what caused it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)