AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight autoswath and reciever question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 4/19/2007 22:38 (#139628 - in reply to #139605)
Subject: Re: Insight autoswath and reciever question

South Central Nebraska
Yes I configured port b using Ag Remote from the directions that ag leader sent me.

1)       Click the Right arrow button until you see “Port C Config”.

2)       Click the Down arrow button once.

3)       Click the Right arrow button and Set “Port C out:” to OFF by clicking the Up/Down arrow button and then click the ENTER button to accept the change.

4)       Click the ESC button.

5)       Click the Left arrow button ( < )  once to  “Port B Config”.

6)       Click the Down Arrow button once.

7)       Click the Right arrow button to change Output to NMEA and baud rate to 4800 for both Input/Output.

a.        Note: For connection to the Insight display you can set the Input/Output rate to 19200 which is recommended if you will be sending NMEA to the display at 5 Hz.

8)       Click the Down arrow button until you see “NMEA OUT” and Right arrow twice then Up arrow once to set the output of NMEA at 1 Hz (if you are working with an Insight display you can leave this setting at ASAP.)

9)       Press the ENTER key to accept the change.

10)    Click the ESC button.

11)    THIS STEP IS CRITICAL TO INSURE YOUR GPS5100 WILL STILL COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR EZ-Guide Plus WHEN FINISHED CHANGING THE PORT B SETTINGS.

a.        GO TO THE FILE MENU in AgRemote and CLICK DISCONNECT. If you don’t do this then the receiver will not work with the EZ-Guide Plus lightbar because Port A will still be configured to talk to AgRemote.

I did get confused at step 7 and 8, I set it at 19200 and left the NEMA OUT on ASAP. Was this the right thing to do? Port A is hooked to the ezguide plus. Thanks for your input. Brian

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)