AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rental Equipment Purchase
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

illinifarmer1
Posted 12/25/2010 16:57 (#1506458 - in reply to #1505832)
Subject: RE: Rental Equipment Purchase

Illinois
I wouldn't be afraid of buying an excavator that has been rented out to get the priced reduced from new. Our local Cat dealer does that all the time because not everyone wants to write a check for a brand new piece of construction equipment, and only use it part time. A couple of poinst to ponder are; how many hours is on the machine?? low houred I wouldn't worry about it. High houred better shop around. Excavators are fairly easy to inspect, what brand is it??? Each brand has their quirks, and things to look for. Bottem line is; unless they put a hydralic hammer on the end of the machine, just look for abnormal wear, cracks around the welds on the boom, how tight are the bucket pins?? Also, a sales contract we have done, is to agree on a sales price, tell the dealer you want to demo/use the machine say for 40 hours or more, if you don't like the machine after using it, just pay him rental for the use of the machine, and walk away. If after using the machine you still want to purchase it, he still sells it to you at the agrees upon sales price that you made at the beginning. Besides getting a warranty on it, that's about the best thing I know to do. Good Luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)