AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever have kindey stones?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 12/19/2010 17:18 (#1495186 - in reply to #1494955)
Subject: Re: Anyone ever have kindey stones?

Near-north Ontario, French River
Ive dealt with stones twice, first time took seven days and three trips to ER for morphine injections.First one was a biggy, about half the size of a grain of rice.,pain was so bad it was causing vomiting. In my case the pain was very localized, obviously in the kidney region, but the pain was ALL in the back , no abdominal pain. Pain in both cases was a steady DEEP throbbing pain, not a sharp jabbing pain. Felt as though someone had taken a baseball bat and whacked my repeatedly in the lower back, just above the hips ie in the kidneys. Doc tells me the pain is caused when the stone is moving from the kidney to the bladder. The stones are jagged mineral deposits that scrape the lining of the duct between the kidney and bladder, that's also what causes the bleeding an possible subsequent infections. Interestingly enough, once it reaches the bladder you will be pain free, in fact when you spit that little guy out , if you don't hear it hit the bowl you won't even know it has passed LOL.. so don't have nightmares about wizzing it out . The really amazing part , at least in my case, I went from vomiting from the pain, even with morphine, to feeling tickyboo in a matter of seconds after passing the stones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)