AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running Coyotes vs Running Deer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 12/15/2010 21:05 (#1488056 - in reply to #1487924)
Subject: Re: Running Coyotes vs Running Deer

Thumb of Michigan
I'm not a hunter, my oldest son is. He's tried to take my preteen grandsons deer hunting with him- just doesn't work. They have to be quiet. They're cold. They fidget. They're bored. The patience will come to them with age, they're no different than their dad was at that age. My son also likes to coon hunt with his FIL and my grandsons. Way different deal for everyone. Dogs are howling, kids are yelling, its a donnybrook every time they go. My 7 yr old granddaughter even likes it. Every hunt is successful as far as the grand kids and my son is concerned: they enjoy working with the dogs and being out together more than actually bagging a big coon. Making a racket is OK and part of the deal.

Had some older neighbors who used to fox hunt with Whippets. Awesome thing to watch. They did move between fields in pick ups, but would never dream of running a fox with a pickup- or even driving onto someone's farm. They spent time every year getting pre permission from everyone where they liked to maybe hunt. Most gave them permission, and if they didn't get permission, they respected that. Respect being the key word, they were all sportsmen.

I guess all I'm saying is a that in my mind, hunting with a dog is a lot different than hunting with a Chevy. I sure include dogs in the sporting side of things, the Chevy just doesn't fit into there well for me anywhere.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)